The Keystone Portuguese Water Dog Club is a regional club, sanctioned by the Portuguese Water Dog Club of America, with membership extending from New York to Virginia and beyond. We are an enthusiastic group of Portuguese Water Dog owners who work and play with our dogs in the water, agility, obedience and rally, therapy, conformation and much, much more. We hold numerous events throughout the year, including social gatherings, supported-entry dog shows, water trials and various health, training and grooming seminars. You and your family are welcome to join us at any of these events, where you can meet our members and their dogs and learn more about this incredible, versatile breed.
The Keystone Portuguese Water Dog Club was established with these objectives in mind:
- To encourage and promote quality in the breeding of purebred Portuguese Water Dogs and to do all possible to bring their natural qualities to perfection.
- To urge members and breeders to accept the standard of the breed as approved by the American Kennel Club as the only standard of excellence by which Portuguese Water Dogs shall be judged.
- To do all in its power to protect and advance the interests of the breed and to encourage sportsmanship at dog shows, obedience, tracking, agility, water trials and other performance events applicable to the breed.
- To conduct sanctioned matches, specialty shows, obedience, agility trials and other applicable performance events under the rules of the American Kennel Club, and water trials under the rules of the Portuguese Water Dog Club of America, Inc.
- To educate the public about the breed and to promote education and social activities among Club members.
Welcome to our website.
Please browse around and find out more about our Club.
If you would like additional information, please contact one of our Board Members.